Saturday 12 January 2008

Dinner Pronto

I have been working and coming home late these days, my role has changed, workload increased double fold and I am working an average of 10 to 10.5 hours a day. I leave home before B does, and come back after him even though my office is just 15 minutes away. Yes, the bus ride plus walking is only about 15-20 minutes from where I live, compared to B whose office is in North Sydney and the commuting takes at least half an hour.

To make up for the lost time in cooking, I have to resort in making simple and presto meals on weekdays. B is now an expert in rice cooking, he washes and cuts the vege for me so I don't have to spend so much time preparing the dishes.

Here are some of the quick-to-make dishes we had for dinner of late.


Stir-fried spinach with minced garlic


Thin rice vermicelli in tomato and carrot soup (Left over ABC soup from the previous day's dinner)


Stir-fried bitter gourd with egg


Baked beans with pork slices and Lebanese cucumber


Noodle soup brewed with dried anchovies


Green bean omelette


Baked salmon fillets with a sprikle of sea salt


Vegetable soup (Mani choy)


Onion omelette

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin