Sunday 6 April 2008

Seaweed Egg Drop Soup 紫菜蛋花湯


This is one simple soup dish that I grew up, it's easy to make and I cook this on weekdays when I don't have time to brew my soup for hours. Healthy soup for lazy, opps, I mean busy people like us. Seaweed soup is packed with minerals and nutrients, the seaweed provides good source of iron, iodine and ikan bilis is calcium rich. I prefer making my own ikan bilis (dried anchovies) stock, which takes about 20 minutes, to using ready-made bullion cubes.

Ingredients
Half bowl ikan bilis (dried anchovies)
Half piece dried seaweed
1 egg, lightly beaten
Salt to taste
1 tsp oil
Water

Method
To make ikan bilis stock, heat oil in a pot and stir-fry ikan bilis for about 30 seconds til brown and fragrant. Add three and a half bowls of hot water, bring it to boil and simmer soup for 20 minutes. Discard ikan bilis.

Add seaweed and allow soup to boil, add beaten egg and salt to taste.

Dish and serve hot.

Note:
Some other ingredients that you may want to add to this soup include minced pork, tofu and fish balls.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin