Monday 22 December 2008

Kris Kringle and Xmas Food Feast

Christmas is less than a week away, and the party season was already upon us as we celebrated the much look-forwarded-to end of year event. Kris Kringle, or the Secret Santa has been the office Christmas tradition and this year, to spice things up a little (amidst the financial turmoil and gloomy outlook), we decided to have an international food feast (potluck buffet)!


Can you guess what gift I have received this year? It's nicely packaged in a green wrapper (though I like red better), spot it!


Lotsa glorious food. They were all good but my stomach was so stuffed and I had to skip dinner on Friday night, even though I am eating for two now.


The food were as good as they looked. As you can see, there are plenty of good cooks (and some lucky ones who marry the good cooks) in the office.


Here are some of the yummy dishes we had:-

Chicken Briyani rice, baked cheesy potato, fried rice, honey marinated chicken, lamb curry, South African sausages, bread rolls, chicken pasta, Russian potato salad, rocket salad, coleslaw, grilled chicken, Shepherd's pie, chicken curry with roti and green bean omelette (made by yours truly).


Some desserts and savouries - Mango icebox cake, Sri Lankan curry puffs, chocolate puffs, almond pudding with longan, brownies, banana and coconut cake.

My favourite food of all is the chicken briyani rice and I had many servings of it, even after the lunch party was over. I guess I'll continue to have cravings for Indian food in the next few months. :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin