Saturday 24 May 2008

Grilled Sardines 烤沙丁鱼


This is a really simple recipe, so simple that I am hesitant to post it. But B enjoyed the dinner tonight and was full of praise. He was even thinking of going to the market to buy the fresh sardines again tomorrow. *__*

I am not sure if fresh sardines are sold in Malaysia and Singapore, but I have only had canned sardines back home. My dad loves canned sardine in tomato sauce, and I'll cook this grilled sardine dish for him the next time he visits us in Sydney.

Ingredients
12 fresh sardines
Sea salt (optional)

Method
Wash and clean fresh sardines. Pat dry sardines and sprinkle with some sea salt if you like. I personally prefer to have it plain with the original taste.

Grill sardines over a grill pan or in an oven on grill mode for about 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the fish.

Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice over fish.


So there you go. I told you it's easy! Simplicity is always the best.

BTW, do you know that sardines are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which is good for the heart? They also provide good source of vitamin D and calcium.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fresh sardines are great! Yes, some wet markets in Malaysia sell them. I just season them with a little salt and fry them.

Mummy B said...

Really? I will tell my mum back in JB to look for fresh sardines in the wet markets. Dad will love it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin