Wednesday 5 August 2009

Steamed Hot & Spicy Pork Ribs 香辣排骨


It's been an extremely busy and taxing week, slapped with countless little things to do and a series of unpleasant encounters with some difficult people. There were so much packing, so much cleaning and washing, and I still have not finished unpacking stuff. I reckon when I finally settle down and have time to enjoy the new place, it's bout time to go back to work. -__-

While unpacking the books in my new home I found this recipe in the 47th issue of YUM YUM magazine. The original recipe has the coriander, onion, chillies and garlic blended into a sauce. I don't have a blender so I chopped up the ingredients as finely as possible. I have added more seasoning to the marinade to give it a bit more flavor. It was overall good but B thought it was a tad bland and not spicy enough. Will add more salt and chili padi next time!

Ingredients
400g pork ribs, cut into pieces
3 stalks coriander, finely chopped
3 red chilies, thinly cut
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste

Marinade
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp sesame oil
Dash of white pepper

Method
Mix pork ribs with marinade and keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours.

Heat oil in pan and saute garlic, chillies and coriander for 2 minutes till fragrant. Sprinkle some fine salt and stir well. Pour the mixture onto pork ribs.

Steam pork ribs over medium high heat for about 15 minutes till cooked. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin