Sunday 29 November 2009

Seafood Bonanza


We had so much seafood in a day last weekend that I am convinced it's not a good idea to let B go shopping alone at the Sydney Fish Market. I was only thinking of cooking seafood soup with rice last Sunday, but B came back from the Fish Market with a kilogram of seafood marinara, a pack of vongole, 1 rainbow trout, a dozen fresh oysters, a pack of sliced salmon sashimi and a box of seaweed salad.

I cooked the rice and seafood soup as main for lunch (check out the recipe), and served the oysters, seaweed and sashimi as appetisers.


My salmon sashimi roses. I love sashimi but was refrained from eating during my pregnancy. I'm so glad I can eat all I want now! Wahahaa.... You can find my salmon sashimi don recipe here.


A dozen of fresh oysters for $10. My plate can only fit 10 oysters so there is no reason why I couldn't slurp a couple before serving. Ha...


Marinated thready seaweed salad with toasted sesame seeds and red pepper flakes for $3. I always enjoy a side dish of wakame, love its toothsome chewy texture and refreshing taste.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin